Skip to main content

Distractions- a short and extremely low budget entry into the world of filmmaking

So me and my mate Chris heard that a film festival in Northern Ireland were looking for short movie entries.Us being the smart people that we are left ourselves 2 days to write, shoot and edit something. Smart move I know lol
So after writing a script and storyboards in about an hour in Starbucks we mucked about using old and extremely unstable equipment (a 12 year old camcorder and a mic that kept falling out lol) we had no tripod, cameraman, or just about any crew for that matter lol
All we had were some beers and alot of good craic =D    
(*edit, for any Americans who might be reading this for some unknown reason, craic, for the last time, is not referring to drugs -.- )

without further ado here's the link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_QEgAyCQAQ
watch it in HD (lol) and ignore the random sound dips and buzzing lol

*edit     Our humble movie was picked to be played at the festival =D

PS. if you want to find it on youtube at any time search 'distractions QUB'
     'cos we're obviously not popular enough to come up under 'distractions' lol

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Scottscars 2025

Welcome to the 14th edition of the Scottscars! The annual movie awards blog that makes winning an Oscar feel like a consolation prize. The movie industry had to bounce back this year after the end of the Sony Spider-Man Universe. Absolutely no Kraven the Hunter or Madame Web movies on this year’s slate. But bounce back it did — from Amazon making a 90-minute advert for Amazon Prime and calling it War of the Worlds , to Cynthia Erivo getting emotional at a helicopter flying overhead during another excellent and completely normal human being Wicked press tour. Avatar once again blurred the lines between live action and animation, while more live-action remakes continued to dominate the box office. So grab a cup of coffee, sit back, and have your favourite A.I. summarise this year’s Scottscars for you. Movie stats for the year Movies watched: 78 Cinema visits: 29 times Most watched director: Hayao Miyazaki Most watched actor: Alan Tudyk The running order, a...

Guess the Sketch!

So I've decided that my artwork's went waaaay downhill since I moved to digital sketching and inking. I still prefer digital for non messy colouring but for sketching, nothing beats a good ol' pencil. So for my first serious pencil sketch since my Sherlock Holmes sketch back in about 2008 I decided to sketch ......... Why don't you guess? Here's my first initial outlines, which to be honest looks like a troll in drag. Anyone who guesses right before I update the post with my progress can pick what I draw next! That's right people- FREE COMMISSION! Post your guesses here on the blog if you have a googlemail/gmail account or in the link on my facebook Dear, dear I've got my work cut out for me

Being Old, Brave and Busy

Ok before you come after me with pitchforks, I'll start by apologising for your recent distress. Two weeks without a post, including missing 2 Super Saturday Round Ups. We've all been crying ourselves to sleep but that all stops now. Time to wipe those tears away, because I'm back! Phew it's been one heckuva' busy few weeks. I've finished 6 Commissions, including The 2 for my boss (and I haven't been fired yet =D) 4 Birthday commission pieces (more on these soon!) I'm also 95% finished this website and have a few more projects lined up. Oh and my Bane pic is finished to but it's not with me right now so I can't upload yet =/ But these weren't the only things keeping me busy this week.... I TURNED 21!! I'm officially old enough to..... er...... say I'm 21! And in the last few weeks of August about half of my friends list also turned 21 so it's been a busy and huuuugely expensive tim...