Skip to main content

A Little Bit About Me....

Well this is the dreaded first post, eh? Let's see if we can manage it....

I'm Scott Newton, 19 years old as I'm writing this, from Belfast, Northern Ireland.
I'm currently a Film Studies student at Queen's University,
Part Time Music teacher (piano, acoustic guitar, electric guitar and drums),
Aspiring artist, hopefully aiming to go into comic books, storyboards, concept art, anything except McDonalds,
I'm also in a band,
And I like to make short movies in my spare time...

Sooo on my blog you can (hopefully) expect to see.....

*My movies (or at least links to them on Youtube)
*My artwork (mainly going to be 30 min sketches)
*My webcomics (if I ever get round to starting them)
*My band's music and cover songs (if we ever get round to recording them)
*My movie reviews/rants
*Other random things

So please drop a comment, or just do whatever you're meant to do on blogs, and it will make me feel loved and sleep better at night =P

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Scottscars 2025

Welcome to the 14th edition of the Scottscars! The annual movie awards blog that makes winning an Oscar feel like a consolation prize. The movie industry had to bounce back this year after the end of the Sony Spider-Man Universe. Absolutely no Kraven the Hunter or Madame Web movies on this year’s slate. But bounce back it did — from Amazon making a 90-minute advert for Amazon Prime and calling it War of the Worlds , to Cynthia Erivo getting emotional at a helicopter flying overhead during another excellent and completely normal human being Wicked press tour. Avatar once again blurred the lines between live action and animation, while more live-action remakes continued to dominate the box office. So grab a cup of coffee, sit back, and have your favourite A.I. summarise this year’s Scottscars for you. Movie stats for the year Movies watched: 78 Cinema visits: 29 times Most watched director: Hayao Miyazaki Most watched actor: Alan Tudyk The running order, a...

Guess the Sketch!

So I've decided that my artwork's went waaaay downhill since I moved to digital sketching and inking. I still prefer digital for non messy colouring but for sketching, nothing beats a good ol' pencil. So for my first serious pencil sketch since my Sherlock Holmes sketch back in about 2008 I decided to sketch ......... Why don't you guess? Here's my first initial outlines, which to be honest looks like a troll in drag. Anyone who guesses right before I update the post with my progress can pick what I draw next! That's right people- FREE COMMISSION! Post your guesses here on the blog if you have a googlemail/gmail account or in the link on my facebook Dear, dear I've got my work cut out for me

Being Old, Brave and Busy

Ok before you come after me with pitchforks, I'll start by apologising for your recent distress. Two weeks without a post, including missing 2 Super Saturday Round Ups. We've all been crying ourselves to sleep but that all stops now. Time to wipe those tears away, because I'm back! Phew it's been one heckuva' busy few weeks. I've finished 6 Commissions, including The 2 for my boss (and I haven't been fired yet =D) 4 Birthday commission pieces (more on these soon!) I'm also 95% finished this website and have a few more projects lined up. Oh and my Bane pic is finished to but it's not with me right now so I can't upload yet =/ But these weren't the only things keeping me busy this week.... I TURNED 21!! I'm officially old enough to..... er...... say I'm 21! And in the last few weeks of August about half of my friends list also turned 21 so it's been a busy and huuuugely expensive tim...