Skip to main content

Marvel Comics 'Audition' - Colouring Jorge Molina's X-Men page

OK so I didn't personally get asked to audition for Marvel- ='( - but I did get a chance to compete in the next best thing!

Artist Jorge Molina (http://zurdom.deviantart.com/) working on the X-Men series put up 4 pages of his inks from X-Men issue 16 and offered anyone the chance to 'Work for Marvel'!

So the challenge was to colour his pages and he would pick which colourist's art he liked best and from what I can gather they would continue to colour his pages on his current X-Men run!

My first time properly colouring a full page and wow is there alot of detail that I took for granted!

In this page is the new Fantastic Four, Doctor Doom and Cyclops from the X-Men. This is page 4 of issue 16 by the way!

Here's how my flat colours turned out.....

Not much to look at I know lol

This was pretty damn challenging- but after a while here's the finished version =D


BTW the edges aren't neat because the original template had a bleed area =)

What do yas think?

E-mailing it off to him now for feedback!






EDIT
Browsing round the web I think I found the finished colours that ended up in the book- pretty insane =D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Scottscars 2025

Welcome to the 14th edition of the Scottscars! The annual movie awards blog that makes winning an Oscar feel like a consolation prize. The movie industry had to bounce back this year after the end of the Sony Spider-Man Universe. Absolutely no Kraven the Hunter or Madame Web movies on this year’s slate. But bounce back it did — from Amazon making a 90-minute advert for Amazon Prime and calling it War of the Worlds , to Cynthia Erivo getting emotional at a helicopter flying overhead during another excellent and completely normal human being Wicked press tour. Avatar once again blurred the lines between live action and animation, while more live-action remakes continued to dominate the box office. So grab a cup of coffee, sit back, and have your favourite A.I. summarise this year’s Scottscars for you. Movie stats for the year Movies watched: 78 Cinema visits: 29 times Most watched director: Hayao Miyazaki Most watched actor: Alan Tudyk The running order, a...

Guess the Sketch!

So I've decided that my artwork's went waaaay downhill since I moved to digital sketching and inking. I still prefer digital for non messy colouring but for sketching, nothing beats a good ol' pencil. So for my first serious pencil sketch since my Sherlock Holmes sketch back in about 2008 I decided to sketch ......... Why don't you guess? Here's my first initial outlines, which to be honest looks like a troll in drag. Anyone who guesses right before I update the post with my progress can pick what I draw next! That's right people- FREE COMMISSION! Post your guesses here on the blog if you have a googlemail/gmail account or in the link on my facebook Dear, dear I've got my work cut out for me

Being Old, Brave and Busy

Ok before you come after me with pitchforks, I'll start by apologising for your recent distress. Two weeks without a post, including missing 2 Super Saturday Round Ups. We've all been crying ourselves to sleep but that all stops now. Time to wipe those tears away, because I'm back! Phew it's been one heckuva' busy few weeks. I've finished 6 Commissions, including The 2 for my boss (and I haven't been fired yet =D) 4 Birthday commission pieces (more on these soon!) I'm also 95% finished this website and have a few more projects lined up. Oh and my Bane pic is finished to but it's not with me right now so I can't upload yet =/ But these weren't the only things keeping me busy this week.... I TURNED 21!! I'm officially old enough to..... er...... say I'm 21! And in the last few weeks of August about half of my friends list also turned 21 so it's been a busy and huuuugely expensive tim...