Skip to main content

Websites, Newspapers and Movies?


People ask me 'What is your job?' and 'What are you going to do  when you grow up/graduate?

Well at the moment I'm a
*Part Time Graphic Designer
*Part Time Comic Book artist
*Part time Filmmaker
*Part TIme Web Designer
*Part Time Music (piano, guitar and drums) Tutor
*Enthusiast Movie Reviewer
*All Round Entertainer

But the last few months my portfolio's really been coming on a lot (hence my lack of blog activity) and it's time for an update.

So being Bond's graphic designer has meant that I've been doing the small things, such as their job adverts and here's the first of things that I've designed for them that I've actually came across in use. (The website and mobile site hasn't been programmed yet and therefore isn't active yet)



It's a nice simple job vacancies advert in the Belfast Telegraph. Simple, but hopefully effective!

I've just finished working as assistant Graphic Designer for Rio/Brazil, photoshopping their catalogue and getting it ready for production and will post as soon as I have a copy in my hand.


I've also been working on a few short movies with my rising production crew, MadNewt Productions (working title)


Here's a still from upcoming gangster short 'Issues of Trust', directed by Chris Madden. It features local stars Chris Heath and Joel Mulhern.



Coming to festivals and Youtube soon!


Also I'm working on another short called 'Some Day.' I've currently wrote a script and storyboarded it and shot some test footage already so expect to hear more announcements about it very soon.....
You can't wait?
Oh ok here's a sneaky still of day 1 of test footage....




COMMISSIONS UPDATE!

I'm very nearly open for commissions, I just have 2 more jobs to finish, a logo and website design for a make up artist, but the green light will be coming sooner than you think so get your ideas ready for me!

Peace out, keep busy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Scottscars 2025

Welcome to the 14th edition of the Scottscars! The annual movie awards blog that makes winning an Oscar feel like a consolation prize. The movie industry had to bounce back this year after the end of the Sony Spider-Man Universe. Absolutely no Kraven the Hunter or Madame Web movies on this year’s slate. But bounce back it did — from Amazon making a 90-minute advert for Amazon Prime and calling it War of the Worlds , to Cynthia Erivo getting emotional at a helicopter flying overhead during another excellent and completely normal human being Wicked press tour. Avatar once again blurred the lines between live action and animation, while more live-action remakes continued to dominate the box office. So grab a cup of coffee, sit back, and have your favourite A.I. summarise this year’s Scottscars for you. Movie stats for the year Movies watched: 78 Cinema visits: 29 times Most watched director: Hayao Miyazaki Most watched actor: Alan Tudyk The running order, a...

Guess the Sketch!

So I've decided that my artwork's went waaaay downhill since I moved to digital sketching and inking. I still prefer digital for non messy colouring but for sketching, nothing beats a good ol' pencil. So for my first serious pencil sketch since my Sherlock Holmes sketch back in about 2008 I decided to sketch ......... Why don't you guess? Here's my first initial outlines, which to be honest looks like a troll in drag. Anyone who guesses right before I update the post with my progress can pick what I draw next! That's right people- FREE COMMISSION! Post your guesses here on the blog if you have a googlemail/gmail account or in the link on my facebook Dear, dear I've got my work cut out for me

Being Old, Brave and Busy

Ok before you come after me with pitchforks, I'll start by apologising for your recent distress. Two weeks without a post, including missing 2 Super Saturday Round Ups. We've all been crying ourselves to sleep but that all stops now. Time to wipe those tears away, because I'm back! Phew it's been one heckuva' busy few weeks. I've finished 6 Commissions, including The 2 for my boss (and I haven't been fired yet =D) 4 Birthday commission pieces (more on these soon!) I'm also 95% finished this website and have a few more projects lined up. Oh and my Bane pic is finished to but it's not with me right now so I can't upload yet =/ But these weren't the only things keeping me busy this week.... I TURNED 21!! I'm officially old enough to..... er...... say I'm 21! And in the last few weeks of August about half of my friends list also turned 21 so it's been a busy and huuuugely expensive tim...